Infection Management Virtual Surgical Skills Workshop
INFECTION MANAGEMENT: VIRTUAL SURGICAL SKILLS WORKSHOP
Wednesday 28 October 2020 | 19:30-20:45 CET | Total Duration: 105 minutes
Note: Programme subject to changes, more detailed information available soon.
Surgical Skills Tabs
Objectives: Workshop character based on strong case based best practice sharing:
- Standard case presentation format.
- Presentation of the actual approach taken.
- Short rationale from literature/evidence why this approach was taken.
- Questions by the delegates
Time: 6-8 cases / 60 minutes
- Types of infection
Nora Renz & Andrej Trampuz
- Prevention strategies for patient related factors: Elective vs. non-elective arthroplasty patient with considerable comorbidities and health risks
Volker Alt & Pablo Sanz-Ruiz
- Treatment concept (case with MDR pathogen)
Andrej Trampuz, Nora Renz & Olivier Borens
- How to avoid common errors
Olivier Borens, Volker Alt, Andrej Trampuz & Nora Renz
- Antibiogram-based antimicrobial concept
Nora Renz, Olivier Borens, & Volker Alt
- Video training on how to manufacture a spacer and how to find reference for using the proper antibiotics (PIF guide based)
- Principles & practicalities of antibiotic-loaded bone cement and which antibiotic to choose
Christof Berberich | 10 minutes
- Hand-made hip spacer
Olivier Borens & Daniel Perez-Prieto) | 15 minutes
- Articulating knee spacers made with moulds
Christof Berberich | 15 minutes